Tuesday, October 19, 2010

october 19, 2010

well, i had tthree boys here for extra english classes this morning. they are so hard to pin down when they reach this age. it is as if they have a fire under them and cannot sit still for a second. so antsy. so rambunctious. how they learn is beyond me, the girls are so much more mature .... now I remember why I never wanted to teach kids before - it is hard an I take my hats off to any and all elementary school teachers.

so, bajadan is staying at scotts and he is bringing a brand spanking new womans mountain bike. i am beyond happy. i am ecstatic. he says it has been sitting in his garage for 4 years.  if it is big enough for me, i will start riding. i think the boys will get a huge kick out of seeing us ride once I get Les a bike too HAHAHA

what else - juanchys stopped by and they caught quite a bit of yellowtail today. but this year is slow compared to last year. la nina is here and of this there is no doubt.

sad news: I heard from linda that there is an older couple with 2 handicapped kids and the whole family is going hungry. so i sent over beans and rice and meat. (thanks Jay and Victor for the major leftovers).  One of their sons lives with them and works lobster - so he has cash - and he does not eat at home and pays the bills but gives no money for food.  this is unacceptable and i have some thoughts about how to deal with it ... Les, however, does not agree with my tactical idea: put a sign in the tienda de consumo with a basket underneath :  SO AND SO is hungry - pls donate food.

I can guarantee that they will have food taken care of by the end of that day and forever BUT Les is afraid that I will cause problems ....and I will .... but I have never turned away from defending the underdog. However, that being said, I will try and talk to the fisherman lobster guy first.

I am reading Graham MacIntosh's first book about walking down the Baja Peninsula. He sure put himself at risk by not providing for water sources along the way. It is a horrible reading in that he seems so badly prepared ... there is another guy doing the same thing right now but with a burro (which graham also did, on his second time walking, and also wrote a book, which I bought).  This second guy has 3 dogs. I personally think that taking dogs is cruelty to animals. the desert sand is no place for dogs. it just isnt.

there is a homeopathic doctor staying at copa cabana tonight and seeing people tomorrow.  it is the first time such a doc comes to town and eduardo specifically asked me to house her. however, i heard she is charging 500 pesos a  person, so she can pay for her stay ??????    I will probably ask her to pay up ....her name is Dr Leticia.

No comments:

Post a Comment